MODRY LAS GOLF RESORT ROUNDS OFF UNFORGETTABLE YEAR
Modry Las Golf Resort has concluded an “unforgettable year” by signing its first-ever reciprocal agreement in Asia with one of the continent’s leading golf destinations. The announcement follows a remarkable season in which Poland’s top golf resort became a PGA National property, picked up its fifth World Golf Award, celebrated its 10th anniversary and opened a stunning new clubhouse.
The arrangement between Modry Las and TPC Kuala Lumpur will see visiting members of each club enjoying complimentary greenfees while in Poland and Malaysia. It also marks a double celebration at the 2019 World Golf Awards held in Abu Dhabi where Modry Las picked up the award for ‘Poland’s Best Golf Course’ while TPC Kuala Lumpur’s West Course received the accolade for ‘Malaysia’s Best Golf Course.’
The award and recently signed deal concludes a notable year for Modry Las which also became The PGA National Poland during the summer. According to the chairman of Modry Las, it has been year that will live long in the memory.
“There is no question; 2019 has been an unforgettable year for Modry Las,” explained Arthur Gromadzki. “Not only did we secure PGA National status and gain recognition from the golf industry at the highest possible level, but it was also our 10th anniversary. What a way to celebrate! Winning the World Golf Award for the fifth time has cemented our position as Poland’s leading golf course and signified our continuing efforts to surpass expectations. Signing a reciprocal agreement with Malaysia’s Best Golf Course will be something that our members, in particular, will enjoy.”
Described as the most luxurious golf and country club in Malaysia, TPC Kuala Lumpur has two championship 18-hole courses which have hosted numerous international tournaments namely The Maybank Malaysian Open, Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia and CIMB Classic.
“We’re really looking forward to welcoming members of Modry Las to warm and sunny TPC Kuala Lumpur,” said Steven Thielke, Chief Executive Officer of TPC Kuala Lumpur. “This club is strategically located less than 10km from the Kuala Lumpur city centre. In addition to the East and West Courses, TPC Kuala Lumpur has a plethora of world-class facilities including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a bowling centre, fitness centre, racquet-game facilities, mini theatre, an expansive pro shop, six international food and beverage outlets, golf academy with club fitting facility, multi-tiered fully automated driving range, business centre and karaoke lounge. Likewise, its members are delighted about this reciprocity and look forward to visiting Modry Las.”
Modry Las, the only signature design golf course in Poland, saw the soft opening of its stunning clubhouse during the summer. The new 2,000m² facility contains 11 en-suite double bedrooms, a restaurant for over 70 guests featuring international cuisine served with the best of Polish hospitality and a fully equipped conference venue. In 2020, the clubhouse spa will be unveiled with a suite of saunas, a steam room, jacuzzi and state of the art gym.
Commenting on the success of Modry Las at the World Golf Awards, Chris Frost, Managing Director, World Golf Awards, underlined the resort’s stunning credentials. “May I congratulate Modry Las once again for this fine achievement,” he noted. “It’s a true testament to a wonderful Gary Player-designed course set in amazing countryside with perfect views. The whole world-class facility is a golfer’s paradise – a jewel in Poland’s crown.”
Aside from the accolades, Modry Las also took part in the leading industry golf trade show, IGTM, in Marrakech, welcomed several journalists to the resort during a dedicated European golf press trip and developed a new corporate website.
“Our aim is to give both our visiting golfers and our members a truly world-class experience at Modry Las,” noted Gromadzki. “The course is in fantastic condition and the new clubhouse is a superb addition to our facilities. Each year the number of golfers visiting Modry Las increases and 2019 was no different. Indeed, our bookings for 2020 are already looking extremely healthy. With the spa due to open next season, we believe our customers will, for the first time, be able to enjoy the full Modry Las experience.”
– Ends –
Notes to editors
1) Modry Las Golf Resort was officially opened by Gary Player and Poland’s Vice Minister of Sport and Tourism, Adam Giersz, on July 4, 2009.
2) Modry Las Golf Resort was the only Polish entry in Golf Journal’s inaugural Top 100 and was also included in the top 100 European golf courses by Golf World magazine in 2009 and 2011. In Poland, it has also received top honours from the country’s leading golf website www.Polishgolf.pl
3) Modry Las Golf Resort was named Poland’s Best Golf Course at the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 World Golf Awards.
4) Gary Player and Gary Player Design have a portfolio of over 300 projects in 35 countries on five continents.
5) For more information about The PGA, please visit www.pga.info
6) Originally opened in 1991, the West and East Courses at TPC Kuala Lumpur were completed in 2008 and 2010 respectively. In 2018, the West Course again went through another round of enhancement. TPC Kuala Lumpur’s multi-award winning West Course is ranked 78th in the coveted World’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses. The club set another international record at position 88 in the Top 100 Platinum Golf & Country Clubs of the World 2018-2019, 20th place in the Top 100 Golf Courses in Asia and most recently recognized by the World Golf Awards as Malaysia’s Best Golf Course. Visit http://tpckl.com/ for details.
7) For more information about Modry Las Golf Resort, please visit www.modrylas.pl