INNOVATIVE MANUFACTURER TO UNVEIL CELEBRATORY THRONE AT BADMINTON HORSE TRIALS
An outdoor play manufacturer is set to take the crowning glory at the Badminton Horse Trials by providing a unique opportunity to mark the Coronation of Charles III. To accompany the show’s dressage, cross-country and show-jumping events, Caledonia Play has ensured royal watchers can mark the historic investiture by showcasing its own royal fixture – a stately throne fit for a king.
As the only independent manufacturer of quality wooden play equipment in Scotland, Caledonia Play has exhibited at Badminton since 2010 presenting its unique outdoor play equipment that it supplies throughout the UK. Based in the Kinross-shire village of Milnathort, which recently fell under the media spotlight as home to this year’s Grand National winner Corach Rambler, Caledonia Play uses its extensive knowledge of timber to create robust, free-standing designs, with the Story Telling Throne being no different.
Featuring pressure treated, wax-impregnated European Pine, the throne is a noticeably large seat which nevertheless blends into natural surroundings. The unique piece will be the focal point of Caledonia Play’s stand (106, Worcester Way) throughout Badminton providing a special photo opportunity for young and old during the most royal of weekends.
As the company’s managing director Jamie Bruce Jones noted, the throne will act as a centrepiece for those looking to toast the King as well as a symbol of the company’s strong advocacy of inclusivity through outdoor play.
“We wanted to mark the occasion of the King’s coronation by providing visitors to Badminton with a unique opportunity to celebrate history,” Jamie explained. “Our stand will be suitably furnished with golden crowns which visitors can use to enact the process of coronation. Who wouldn’t want to be king or queen for a day? And because 100% of Caledonia Play products are made from slow-grown timbers – the bedrock of long-lasting wooden playground equipment – both children and parents will be able to create their own coronation memories posing on the throne.”
Measuring an imposing 1.8m in height with a seat depth of over half a meter, the Caledonia Play throne is undoubtedly an impressive sight having the appearance of a giant’s chair and makes a memorable centrepiece to school playgrounds. But the eye-catching seat will not be alone. To accompany the regal pew, a range of outdoor play equipment all built from sustainably managed sources will also be on display at the Caledonia Play stand, including a double swing with cargo net, a garden playhouse and a family basket swing.
Jamie, who will be ably assisted at the event by his faithful Labradors; Mango and Pippin, said the plan was to create a display where families could experience first-hand the quality and size of the hard-wearing play equipment. “All the products on show during Badminton are from our main range but can be adapted,” he explained. “We think it’s important to interact with our natural play solutions which we create using carefully selected timbers and unique designs that have fun and safety at their core.”
He continued: “My job will be to provide advice to visitors on what options suit them best both in terms of budget and space, and to discuss different combinations or non-standard configurations. We’re looking forward to a fantastic event.”
Caledonia Play’s stand will be located at number 106, Worcester Way during the Badminton Horse Trials which takes place between 4th-8th May.
For more details, visit www.caledoniaplay.com.
– Ends –
Note to editors
1) Caledonia Play is proud to be the only independent manufacturer of quality wooden play equipment in Scotland. For more details, visit www.caledoniaplay.com.
2) Caledonia Play is a family run business with a background in the timber industry stretching back more than two decades. Caledonia Play will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2024.
3) 100% of Caledonia Play products are made from slow-grown timbers from sustainably managed sources.
4) Caledonia Play meets and often exceeds various regulatory standards such as European Safety Standard C EN1176 and C EN1177, as well as the Safety Standard for Garden Play EN71. Caledonia Play is a member of Constructionline and Rpii with all products TUV certified.
5) Caledonia Play stocks the largest range of machine-rounded poles in Scotland.
6) Caledonia Play’s stand throughout the Badminton Horse Trials will be 106, Worcester Way.
7) The Badminton Horse Trials take place between 4th-8th May. For more information about the Badminton Horse Trials, visit www.badminton-horse.co.uk
8) The attached image is of Jamie Bruce Jones, managing director at Caledonia Play, sitting on the Story Telling Throne accompanied by his dogs Mango and Pippin.
For further quotes, interview opportunities and images, please contact:
Yvonne Alexander, The Word Association
+44 (0) 7976 369 260